- June 28th – 29th: between Second and Third Avenues – crews will be grading the roadway and placing sidewalk on the south side of the block, between Second and Third Avenues. Due to the joints in the sidewalk, the concrete pours will not be continuous. New concrete will be opened to pedestrians within 24 hours of placement. Our on-site personnel are in direct contact with effected businesses. Access to all business entrances will be provided by the end of shift on Friday.
- June 30th – July 1st: no work (Cedar Street between Second and Third Avenues remains closed to motorist)
- July 2nd – July 3rd: between Second and Third Avenues – crews will be grading the roadway, placing sidewalk on the south side of the block, and placing seat walls on the north side of the block. By the end of the day on July 3rd, Cedar Street will be opened to motorist – all blocks; equipment will be staged on the north side of Cedar between Third and Fourth Avenues.
- July 4th Holiday: no work – Cedar Street open to motorist and pedestrians
- July 5th – July 6th: between Third and Fourth Avenues – this block will be closed to motorist and crews will begin demolition of sidewalks and roadway. Between Second and Third Avenues, concrete work will continue on the north side of the block.
- July 7th – July 8th: no work – Cedar Street between Third and Fourth Avenue will be closed to motorist.
Pedestrians/Parking: Pedestrian routes will vary this week. In an effort to keep everyone safe, we ask that the public avoid stepping over concrete forms and be aware of equipment. Parking on Cedar Street will be limited due to continuing activities. If you or a customer needs assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask anyone wearing a construction vest for help or guidance.
First Avenue Sewer Work: in an effort to minimize impacts to businesses during peak tourist season, the sewer work on First Avenue will not begin until after Labor Day. A public meeting will be scheduled in August to discuss details.
Thank you for your patience and happy Independence Day!